The mission of the Professionals of Color Commission within MCPA is threefold:
- To increase the membership and presence of professionals of color within higher education professional associations (i.e., MCPA, ACPA, NASPA, etc.);
- To provide a space for professionals of color within higher education to network and socialize together throughout the academic year; and
- To create opportunities for senior leaders of color within higher education to serve as mentors to younger professionals of color.
- Solicit sessions related to and for professionals of color for the annual MCPA conference;
- Market the annual MCPA Conference to professionals of color state-wide;
- Provide input and support in the annual MCPA Conference planning process;
- Attend MCPA Board of Director meetings and report on issues/processes pertaining to the Chair's duties;
- Stay up to date on the relevant MCPA Board business meetings;
- Conduct on-going meetings with the commission representatives to explore the needs (and strategies to meet the needs) of a diverse population of student affairs professionals concerned with issues impacting students and professionals of color;
- Lead the Professionals of Color Commission session at the annual MCPA Conference
Questions? Contact the co-chairs.