The aim of the New Professionals Commission for MCPA is to create a network of individuals that are new to the student affairs profession or the state of Minnesota. Our goal is to welcome you and provide opportunities for professional networking, support and fun! In addition to our commission meeting during the annual conference, we will also be having commission meetings and social events throughout the year. If you are interested in serving on this commission, or know someone that would be, please contact the commission chair listed below. If you do not want to serve but would like to be kept up with events throughout the state, then e-mail the chair as well. Thanks for checking out our site!
Mission and Responsibilities
It is the mission and responsibilities of the New Professionals Commission to :
New Professionals Commission Co-Chairs
- solicit new professional-related sessions for the annual MCPA conference;
- market the annual MCPA Conference to new professionals state-wide;
- provide input and support in the annual MCPA Conference planning process;
- attend MCPA Board of Director meetings and report on issues/processes pertaining to the Chair's duties;
- report relevant MCPA Board of Director business back to the commission members;
- conduct on-going meetings with the commission representatives to explore the needs (and strategies to meet the needs) of a diverse population of student affairs professionals concerned with new professionals issues;
- lead the New Professionals Commission session at the annual MCPA Conference.